Questions & Answers
Questions & Answers
3 available 3 • View allThe legal way of warning an employee for bad conduct

5
Q: Good morning,
I have tried searching online for any warning regarding leaving work during office hours without informing the proper department. Also, not coming to work without informing the manager.
The thing is this employee has been doing it several times and even after verbal warnings she doesn't listen.
We've already served her a final warning due to her attitude toward workmates and even her working hours are being compromised.
Is there a way we can serve her termination legally?
Thank you!
I hope I explained it clearly.
Oct 16, 2019
7288
Consequences of leaving the UAE without proper cancellation of employment visa
236
Q: I was with a company in Dubai for 22 days, due to a family emergency I left home and paid compensation as in the work contract (45 days salary was the compensation).
After 6 months of exit, I started requesting the company to cancel my visa and Emirates ID, but they are ignoring it. They want me not to come to the UAE again.
Can you guide me on this?
Oct 25, 2017
151750
Accusation of theft and termination under Article 120
13
Q: The possible way to cancel my visa.
Hi Sir/Ma'am,
I was terminated from my company on the accusation of theft. My company said that they have a CCTV footage which they did not present during the committee meeting on 03 Jan.
There was no money or goods retrieved from me by my company security. They only have my reports. The committee meeting which was supposed to investigate was held 2 weeks after.
On Feb. 03, I received a complaint from MOHRE, so I went there with the PRO to settle things. I signed a paper without informing me what's written in it and no translator was provided.
They talked Arabic language only. I checked with labour the status of a complaint but it was closed.
My company kept me suspended until the 10th of March and handed me the termination letter, which states that I am terminated from the 03rd of Jan.
What are my chances on this? I am so confused right now and I really need help. It's been 4 months until now I'm still waiting for their decision.
Jul 4, 2018
7283
Legal blog
1 available 1 • View allAn Overview of the New UAE Labor Law and Recent Amendments of 2024 236
The UAE has adopted a major reform in its legislative system that brought about 40 new laws and amendments to the company law, criminal law, personal status, among others. The amendments aim to develop the legislative structure in various sectors, the labor law being one of these, was the most recent. We try in this article to shed light on the changes introduced with the new labor law and their significance on both, the employer and employee.
Sep 10, 2024
102195
Laws & Regulations
3 available 3 • View allFederal Decree-Law No. (33) of 2021 On the Regulation of Labor Relations 34
The provisions of this Decree-Law, known as "New UAE Labor Law", govern labour relations in the private sector of the United Arab Emirates. The New Labor Law repeals the previous UAE Labor Law (Federal Law No. (8) of 1980).
Sep 20, 2021
29807
Federal Law No. (8) of 1980 Concerning the Regulation of Labor Relations 53
The provisions of this Law, known as "UAE Labour Law", govern the relationship between employers and employees and other labour matters in the United Arab Emirates. There are special labour related regulations applicable in some of the free zones in the UAE.
Apr 20, 1980
105589
Ministerial Decree No. (765) of 2015 On Rules and Conditions for the Termination of Employment Relations 9
This Decree sets the rules and conditions for the termination of fixed-term (limited) or unlimited (not term-bound) employment contract between employer and worker in the United Arab Emirates.
Sep 27, 2015
13719

Other answers by
Is it mandatory to visit the CID in person to update my records? 2
Respected Advisors,
I have been involved in a few criminal cases since 2017, but all of them were cleared by this year. I have obtained release letters for all the cases from the public prosecution office through an online portal.
Recently, I also received my residence visa. After the visa process was completed, I applied for a PCC online. However, the request was rejected.
I contacted the 901 office, and they advised me to visit the CID. I arranged for a power of attorney to be granted along with all the necessary documents to update the system.
Twice I was told to come in person, but I am hesitant to do so because of my previous negative experience.
Could someone please advise me whether I must go in person or if the person holding the power of attorney can handle the process?
Thank you!
Nov 15, 2023
1193
How can the heirs of a deceased person distribute his shares if there is a minor? 1
My father died recently. We are Muslim residents in Dubai. I have siblings including a minor who is 16 years old. My father has land and vehicles under his name.
If I am applying for inheritance, does the minor need to have a share in ALL the properties and vehicles or can she be given a particular property/vehicle?
Secondly, if we want the land to be in her name, and she manages it (like renting and bank), does it require an adult?
Can the vehicles be transferred to someone else’s name without including her?
Your guidance will be very much appreciated.
Oct 26, 2023
412
Senior executive unfairly dismissed: How much compensation to claim? 2
Dear Sir/Madam,
I have been unfairly dismissed (it's personal on their end) and have been given only two months' salary apart from the compulsory gratuity and notice pay.
I would like to claim more than two months as I am a senior executive (Director).
Up to how much should I claim, and would this be a realistic amount for me to "win"?
Oct 16, 2023
490
Can we file a claim against an employee if he caused a financial loss to the company? 2
There was a legal action against an employee who failed to participate in an international event in Saudi Arabia due to a family issue that resulted in a travel ban, which in turn led to the non-signing of an AED 100,000 deal resulting in a loss to the company.
- What legal grounds exist for the employer to pursue legal action against the employee in this scenario?
- Does UAE labor law provide any specific guidance or remedies for such situations?
- What are the desired outcomes or remedies the employer can seek through legal action?
- Are there any potential legal consequences or liabilities for the employer in pursuing this case?
- What documentation and evidence are needed to support the employer's case?
Sep 14, 2023
2443
What are my options if my husband is refusing to pay child support? 1
Dear Sir/Madam,
What are the charges to open an execution file in Sharjah for a divorce case and how much time will it take to execute the court order?
My husband told the court that he does not have money to pay for me and my daughter's expenses because he is earning a minimum amount in which he can only survive.
In that case, what can I do?
He closed all his bank accounts and sent money to his parents in India. He also told me that he will show in court that he does not have a job or money, so the court or police cannot do anything to him.
Can you please guide me on what I can do in this case? I do not have any proof of his salary or bank account because he was not informing me about anything related to his financial matters.
In fact, he was forcing me to ask my parents to send money to us. Because of no proof, the court agreed with him and rejected my appeal. I do not have a job and I am struggling for basic expenses.
Can I request the court to inquire about his gratuity and end of service?
Or can the court ask him to submit proof of the money that he received from his company, as he was working for 30 years in the same company?
Sep 13, 2023
894

Other answers by
Terminating an employee during probation: 14 or 30 days' notice? 3
Dear Sir/Madam,
If an employee is still on probation period, can the employer terminate the contract with 14 days' notice even if the employment contract states 30 days' notice?
The company is under MOHRE.
Nov 24, 2023
1109
Is the RERA Index Calculator the sole source for determining rent increases? 2
Dear Sir/Madam,
I reside in a Dubai community, and my tenancy renewal is approximately 95 days away.
The landlord is proposing a 15% rent increase, primarily based on rents listed on propertyfinder.ae, claiming that my current rent is 25% below market rates.
However, the RERA Rental Index indicates "no increase in the rental value" as my rent is at the top of the quoted range, prompting me to reject the proposed increase.
The real estate broker he hired at the time of my move-in recently contacted me, serving as an intermediary, mentioning that he would conduct a DLD valuation, likely resulting in a higher value.
However, he is attempting to negotiate first, considering the cost of around 2500 AED.
If we were to dispute, is the RERA Index Calculator the sole authoritative source for determining rent increases?
Additionally, if the DLD valuation is accepted, what is the potential maximum increase?
Nov 13, 2023
536
How to collect judgment from LLC with closed office and expired license? 3
Hello,
I have a commercial execution case for the recovery of payments.
I sent a notification to the local owner (100% ownership of the LLC), but I see that the company has closed its office and its license has expired.
How can the courts get the money ordered in the judgment?
Thank you!
Oct 12, 2023
579
Work visa rejected for security reasons: What to do? 2
Dear Sir/Madam,
My work visa was rejected. When I visited the immigration office, they told me to come with my company's PRO.
I did, and my PRO told me that my visa was rejected for security reasons. I don't understand why my work visa was rejected, as I don't have any cases in India or the UAE.
I am new to the UAE. Can anyone please help me resolve this issue? What can I do? Is there any alternative to clear this?
Oct 10, 2023
1211
How can I close a company I have RAKEZ without the presence of my partner? 0
I am a 50% shareholder in a company at RAKEZ, and the 50% shareholder is my partner who has left the country and will not return. I cannot run the company alone.
Next month the company is due for renewal, the expenses of which I cannot afford. I want to close the company.
RAKEZ people say file a case and bring court papers to close the company. Where can I go, what should I do, can I get help?
I do a small job in the shop.
Sep 27, 2023
655

Other answers by
Can the brokerage company of the property buyer withhold the commission of the seller's company? 0
I am writing to seek your legal expertise and advice on a pressing issue concerning a property sale transaction that my brokerage company has facilitated.
Here are the details:
Our brokerage company represented the seller in a property sale where the property was sold with an existing rental agreement in place.
As per the terms of the agreement, the rental balance was supposed to be given to the buyer, who is now the new owner of the property.
In this transaction, our company is entitled to a 40% commission, and the buyer's brokerage company is entitled to 60%.
However, the buyer's brokerage company, which has complete control over the buyer's funds, has transferred the entire 100% commission to their own account.
They are currently withholding this commission, stating that they will release it once the rental balance is paid to the buyer.
Unfortunately, we have lost contact with the buyer, as he has blocked the seller's agent, making it impossible for us to fulfill this condition.
Nov 8, 2023
425
I am a UAE national and want study law in the UK. Can I still be a lawyer in the UAE? 0
I want to be a lawyer and study law in the UK.
I am a UAE national but I am worried about studying outside the UAE and not being able to actually become a lawyer in the UAE.
Do I really need to study in the UAE to become a lawyer here?
Oct 17, 2023
824
How can I refund money I paid to an immigration agency if nothing was done? 1
Dear Sir
I applied for Canada AIPP programs from one of the consultancy agencies in Dubai in 2021, and they told me it would take 1 year for the process. Now it’s more than 2 years.
They told me they were applying for me these years but I didn’t get any response from any company, and when I asked them to tell me where they applied, they told me it's confidential.
Now I told them to stop my process and they will refund my money but it will be very much less as per them.
Please let me know how I can get my money as I paid almost AED 9000 or how I can proceed legally.
Sep 21, 2023
638
Do I need to get my EOSB if I change visa to another company for the same owner? 3
Hi
I have been working in a company under a local sponsor with 2 partners for the last 6 years and my visa will expire next month.
However, my company has informed me that they shall transfer my visa to their other company with the same OWNER with a new partner (without a local sponsor).
In this situation, what do I need to do?
Will my previous gratuity be added to my new visa or do I need to take my end-of-service benefits and work as a new employee?
Kindly suggest.
Sep 19, 2023
1074
We bought an apartment and the previous owner served an eviction notice. Can the tenant refuse to leave? 2
Hi,
We bought an apartment in July. The apartment is rented until the end of November with the previous landlord who gave them an eviction notice last year to sell the house.
Now they want to renew the contract but we don’t want to renew because we want to move into our apartment to live there.
Can we move into our apartment and the tenant has to go out?
Can the tenant refuse to move out?
Sep 13, 2023
1427

Other answers by
Canceling my MoU and getting my deposit back due to a low bank valuation and overpriced property 1
Hi,
I wanted to purchase a 2-bedroom apartment in JVC Dubai. I gave a 10% security deposit cheque to the seller. The price mentioned in the MoU is very high compared to other similar apartments in the same building.
The bank’s valuation also came in very low. Since the valuation is much lower, how can I terminate the MoU and get my cheque back? The MoU ends on 1st October 2024.
One of the articles in the MoU states:
In the event that the Buyer fails to make the payments as agreed or fails to complete the transfer on the agreed date due to his own acts or omissions, the Seller has the right to terminate this agreement and retain the deposit, provided that the termination is due to a violation of the agreed terms, unless both parties agree amicably to different dates.
I need help urgently.
Sep 16, 2024
881
Absent repeatedly due to salary delays. Can the company terminate them without EOSB? 1
Dear Sir/Madam,
There is an employee who has been absent repeatedly. However, the company is not paying salaries on time, with regular delays in salary payments.
Can the company terminate the employee without end-of-service or notice period compensation if the employee cites occasional salary delays as the reason for their absences?
Jun 4, 2024
775
If staff did not come back from vacation, after how long can we terminate him/her? 3
If staff did not come back from vacation, after how long can we terminate him/her?
May 9, 2024
1875
I was married in Abu Dhabi last year at the family court, is my marriage certificate valid in the US? 0
I was married in Abu Dhabi last year at the family court, is my marriage certificate valid in the US?
Jan 26, 2024
1175
How is the probation period calculated exactly from the date of signing the contract? 0
Regarding the probation period, when is the deadline for an employer to terminate me if the DOJ anniversary is Friday 2nd Feb?
Will the six-month period end at midnight on the 1st, therefore completing six months, or can the employer still terminate on the 2nd?
Appreciate any guidance provided.
Jan 26, 2024
2856

Other answers by
How to provide visa in a personal status case if there is execution process preventing it? 0
Hello,
I am seeking clarification on the execution process for a judgment issued by the Dubai Courts.
The case (No. [---/---]) is for the execution of a personal status judgment for non-Muslims (No. [---/---]). The judgment includes both a monetary award and a separate, non-monetary order (to provide a visa).
The execution for the monetary part is currently pending as the court's system is waiting for an exact final amount to be calculated by the accounts department.
I have been told that because the monetary amount is part of the same judgment, the non-monetary visa order cannot be pursued separately until the monetary calculation is complete.
Is this correct?
In the Dubai Courts, are the enforcement processes for monetary and non-monetary orders dependent on each other, or can they be pursued at the same time?
Aug 21, 2025
296
How long does it take the court for disbursement labor dues after payment by the employer? 2
Hi there,
I have a labor case that has been ruled in my favor. I filed an execution case & the employer paid the outstanding balance to the court.
I requested disbursement and this has been accepted. I have given the court my IBAN & account info.
How long does disbursement take?
Thanks
May 18, 2023
2034
Can I pay the fine to close a credit card if the bank asks for huge amount to settle? 0
Dear Team,
I have an issue with my credit card, which was issued in 2013 and I used the same till 2018, all the payments had done on time.
Unfortunately, last time in 2018, I was troubled by a financial crisis. Due to the same, I had some amount pending on my credit card, and in 2018, I went to my home country as I lost my job.
This year, two months back, I came back to UAE. Now the bank team is asking for a huge amount for the settlement.
Could you please advise me on how to close this case with the fine by the court?
May 16, 2023
377
Can I claim my labor rights if my employer did not renew my contract? 0
I am a doctor by profession, and my contract with my company was valid till June 2023.
Last year in September 2022, I canceled my company visa to apply for Golden Visa. After stamping my Golden Visa, my company didn't provide me with a new contract.
My question is can I continue working without a new contract?
Do I have any rights or claim of my unpaid salaries from the court in such a scenario?
May 14, 2023
420
Can we vacate the tenant after purchasing a new flat in Dubai? 1
Hi,
I bought a flat in April in Dubai with my husband. The flat has a tenant with a rental contract from the previous owner.
The tenancy contract expires in June. The tenant has previously committed to leave and now wants to stay.
1. Can we force the tenant to leave as per previous confirmations?
2. If we can't make the tenant leave, can we modify the contract (rent, number of cheques, etc) because we did not sign the original contract?
May 12, 2023
1207

Premium
Other answers by
What can be done if a friend is detained in Sharjah and facing UAE deportation? 0
My friend was detained by the Sharjah Police a few days ago; he had no prior legal issues. Now, it seems he is going to be deported.
How can I find out what the problem is and the reason for his impending deportation? Is there any way to have the deportation order cancelled?
Please help if you can; I have a copy of his ID, and he has no immediate family in this country.
Aug 13, 2026
79
UAE inheritance: should succession for an expat start locally or abroad? 0
My brother-in-law (brother of my wife) has passed away in the UAE. He was the only sibling of my wife, and his mother passed away long ago. He had no children and left behind a widow and father. He had a property mortgaged and one off-plan property. He has a car lease and end-of-service pending with his company.
How and where should we start, and what is the best suitable approach? Should we start a succession certificate in the home country and then present it to the UAE court, or start in the UAE?
Jul 23, 2026
198
What is the procedure to file a complaint against a law firm in Dubai? 0
Hello.
What is the procedure to file a complaint against a law firm in Dubai?
Jun 24, 2026
368
Unable to contact my landlord: How do I move out and recover my deposit when the tenancy ends? 0
Hello,
I am a tenant in Shoreline, Palm Jumeirah.
I am currently trying to move out of the property where I have lived for the past two years. However, my landlord has become unreachable, and I have been unable to discuss the return of my security deposit or arrange the move-out process.
I provided the required non-renewal notice two months ago and have made several attempts to contact the landlord via both email and WhatsApp, but have received no response. My Ejari expired two days ago, and the community management has advised that they cannot issue a move-out permit without the landlord's involvement. As a result, I am unable to complete the move-out process or hand over the keys.
Could you please advise what steps I should take in this situation? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Jun 3, 2026
425
How to lift a travel ban and bank account hold after a bounced cheque case settlement 0
I had a case filed against me for a bounced cheque. I have a travel ban issued and a bank account hold.
Payment was made, and I need someone to file to clear the travel ban and bank hold in Smart Petition as I am unable.
Jun 8, 2026
649

Premium
Other answers by
How can I stop someone from harassing me and sharing my private photos and messages? 0
Dear everyone,
I seek advice regarding ongoing harassment from a woman whose husband I was previously involved with. The affair ended immediately after she discovered it last year, and I apologized both in person and through WhatsApp.
Despite this, she has continued to harass me by sharing private photos, videos, and messages (taken from her husband’s phone without consent) with my family, friends, and workplace. She also contacted my employer, disclosed personal details, and sent insulting messages to me and my relatives. I have proof of these acts.
I wish to know what legal actions I can take to stop her (harassment, defamation, or privacy violation), what evidence I should prepare, any possible counterclaims, and if this could affect her ongoing divorce case.
Oct 31, 2025
756
How can we prepare evidence and witnesses to defend a staff member accused of theft? 0
Hello,
One of my staff members, who has been working part-time as a cleaner for a tenant for five months, was accused of stealing jewellery worth AED 7,000.
The tenant filed a police complaint, and she was detained for 24 hours. Later, she learned that a criminal case had been filed by the tenant.
She insists she is innocent and missed her first opportunity to present a witness to the Public Prosecution. During her first hearing, the judge asked her to upload her statement and bring witnesses at the next hearing in a month.
Please advise what documents, evidence, and witnesses we can prepare for her defense.
Oct 17, 2025
700
What is the minimum outstanding balance on a telecom provider’s postpaid plan required to file a case? 0
What is the minimum outstanding balance on a telecom provider’s postpaid plan required to file a case?
Oct 10, 2025
650
Will the court rule based on the expert’s higher report or my lawyer’s lower claim? 0
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am currently involved in a court case against a developer who failed to fulfill his obligations under our contract. My lawyer filed the lawsuit at the beginning of the case, claiming the return of the amounts I paid.
Later, the court appointed an expert. The expert has now issued his report and concluded that the developer owes me a much higher amount than what was originally claimed by my lawyer, as the expert also included items such as lost profit and other damages.
I am confused and would like your guidance: in my situation, will the court’s decision be based on the expert’s report, or only on the lower amount requested by my lawyer in the lawsuit?
Thank you very much for your advice. The court is in Shajrah.
Sep 26, 2025
477
How to enforce a catch order on a tenant back in Dubai despite a travel ban? 0
Good morning,
I am a landlord in a case against my tenant, who has been evicted due to non-payment of rent. The court has already issued the eviction order and provided me with a list of the tenant’s furniture. I also applied for a travel ban and license blocks against the tenant.
However, I recently found out that the tenant is currently in Dubai. Since I already have a catch order from the court, could you please advise me on the following:
1. How is it possible for the tenant to re-enter the UAE despite the travel ban and catch order?
2. What is the procedure for me to follow up and activate the catch order now that the tenant is in Dubai?
3. What further steps can we take to ensure the payment settlement is enforced?
I would appreciate your urgent guidance on this matter.
Thanks!
Sep 26, 2025
804
Get quotes from lawyers
Find the right lawyer for your legal needs.
Submit your request and get multiple
competitive offers from
qualified lawyers.
Popular Q&A
View all Looking for something else?
Ask for advice from a lawyer