Questions & Answers
Questions & Answers
6 available 6 • View allLabor case judgement execution
27
Q: A labour case was ruled in my favour and I received the judgement at the end of 2016. The judgement progressed to execution and not One Dirham has been paid by my ex-employer to date.
We have spent the last year searching assets in all banks, combined with real estate, RTA etc. and all have come back with no assets. An attachment was made on the office assets, shortly after the Rental Dispute Committee issued a Judgement awarding the office assets to the Landlord.
Finally, we located a valid Bank Guarantee held with a Government Authority. But the entity is not cooperating.
As per Federal Law No. 8 for 1980 On Regulation of Labour Relations, Article 4 gives priority over all assets.
However, in this scenario, Federal Labour Law, Dubai Real Estate Laws and further laws are all overlapping and conflicting.
My query is, is there a document or law that states which law has priority over another to help resolve the issues I am facing with the judgement execution?
Oct 29, 2017
22139
Precautions during court proceedings to guarantee your rights at execution 
3
Q: I am seeking compensation for damages from a company that used my name in fraud.
I have finished the case until the appeal court and the execution court has ordered that the company assets and accounts be attached until they pay the sum required as per the judgement.
The company has been closed since last year and has no more money left in the bank.
If there are no more assets of the company I could go after since the company no longer exists, how else can I get justice aside from the words written on a few sheets of my case judgement paper?
I've spent a lot and exerted a lot of effort seeking justice for myself, and when it is time to collect what the judge has determined what I should have, apparently there is nothing left.
Is there any other legal recourse?
Thanks
Oct 5, 2017
6124
Refund of paid court fees after winning a labour case
9
Q: I have a labour case against my company and I have won the same.
While filing the case I have paid court fees, now I have to file execution to collect my dues.
So how to add court fees, is it recoverable or not?
Please advise.
Thanks
Jun 12, 2018
3873
المدة المتوقَّعة لإنهاء قضية عمالية بعد صدور حكم وفتح ملف تنفيذي
3
س: ربحت قضية عمالية وفتحت ملف تنفيذي.
أُعلِن المُدَّعَى عليه في الشركة عن طريق لصق الإعلان.
ما المدة المُتوقَّعة لإنهاء القضية؟
هل يستطيع عمل استئناف نظرًا لأن الحكم حضوري اعتباري وأنه لم يُستدَل عليه لإعلانه بحكم المحكمة؟
Nov 3, 2020
1393
موعد الاستئناف بعد صدور حكم أول درجة في قضية عمالية
1
س: السلام عليكم،
لقد ربحت قضية عمالية بقيمة مطالبات ١٤٦ ألف درهم.
قدَّمت الشركة استئنافًا ولكن لم تُحدد المحكمة حتى الآن موعدًا للجلسة ولم يقدِّم المُدَّعَى عليه أي مستندات أو أدلة جديدة وإنما طالب بنفس طلباته القديمة.
متى تُحدَّد جلسة الاستئناف؟ وهل تأخذ وقتًا؟ كذلك ماذا بعد الاستئناف؟
Jan 26, 2022
364
مستحقات العامل بعد تقديم استقالته رغم وجود رواتب متأخرة

2
س: السلام عليكم،
أعمل في شركة وقد نُقلت الملكية لشخص آخر وهناك رواتب متأخرة من عام ٢٠٢٠ و٢٠٢١ و٢٠٢٢. المجموع ١١ راتبًا. قدمت استقالتي اليوم.
ما مستحقاتي في الشركة؟ وهل يوجد تعويض عن تأخير الرواتب؟ وهل أطالب المالك القديم أم المالك الجديد؟
كنت أعمل في الشركة في مجال التسويق واتفقنا على عمولة، ولكن الشركة لم تذكر العمولة في عقد العمل. هل يحق المطالبة بالعمولة عن فترة عمل قدرها ٩ سنوات؟
مع العلم أنه تم دفع أجزاء من العمولات في فترات مختلفة وغير منتظمة.
هل يمكن تعيين محامي من خلالكم؟
ولكم جزيل الشكر!
Jun 2, 2022
885
Legal blog
1 available 1 • View allAn Overview of the New UAE Labor Law and Recent Amendments of 2024 236
The UAE has adopted a major reform in its legislative system that brought about 40 new laws and amendments to the company law, criminal law, personal status, among others. The amendments aim to develop the legislative structure in various sectors, the labor law being one of these, was the most recent. We try in this article to shed light on the changes introduced with the new labor law and their significance on both, the employer and employee.
Sep 10, 2024
102167
Laws & Regulations
3 available 3 • View allFederal Law No. (8) of 1980 Concerning the Regulation of Labor Relations 53
The provisions of this Law, known as "UAE Labour Law", govern the relationship between employers and employees and other labour matters in the United Arab Emirates. There are special labour related regulations applicable in some of the free zones in the UAE.
Apr 20, 1980
105562
Federal Law No. (11) of 1992 Concerning Issuance of the Civil Procedures Code 42
The law promulgates UAE Civil Procedures Code (Civil Procedure Law) which governs civil procedures in the United Arab Emirates, including the prosecution before the courts, litigation and execution.
Feb 24, 1992
76830
Federal Decree-Law No. (33) of 2021 On the Regulation of Labor Relations 34
The provisions of this Decree-Law, known as "New UAE Labor Law", govern labour relations in the private sector of the United Arab Emirates. The New Labor Law repeals the previous UAE Labor Law (Federal Law No. (8) of 1980).
Sep 20, 2021
29784

Premium
Other answers by
What can be done if a friend is detained in Sharjah and facing UAE deportation? 0
My friend was detained by the Sharjah Police a few days ago; he had no prior legal issues. Now, it seems he is going to be deported.
How can I find out what the problem is and the reason for his impending deportation? Is there any way to have the deportation order cancelled?
Please help if you can; I have a copy of his ID, and he has no immediate family in this country.
Aug 13, 2026
33
UAE inheritance: should succession for an expat start locally or abroad? 0
My brother-in-law (brother of my wife) has passed away in the UAE. He was the only sibling of my wife, and his mother passed away long ago. He had no children and left behind a widow and father. He had a property mortgaged and one off-plan property. He has a car lease and end-of-service pending with his company.
How and where should we start, and what is the best suitable approach? Should we start a succession certificate in the home country and then present it to the UAE court, or start in the UAE?
Jul 23, 2026
168
What is the procedure to file a complaint against a law firm in Dubai? 0
Hello.
What is the procedure to file a complaint against a law firm in Dubai?
Jun 24, 2026
341
Unable to contact my landlord: How do I move out and recover my deposit when the tenancy ends? 0
Hello,
I am a tenant in Shoreline, Palm Jumeirah.
I am currently trying to move out of the property where I have lived for the past two years. However, my landlord has become unreachable, and I have been unable to discuss the return of my security deposit or arrange the move-out process.
I provided the required non-renewal notice two months ago and have made several attempts to contact the landlord via both email and WhatsApp, but have received no response. My Ejari expired two days ago, and the community management has advised that they cannot issue a move-out permit without the landlord's involvement. As a result, I am unable to complete the move-out process or hand over the keys.
Could you please advise what steps I should take in this situation? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Jun 3, 2026
387
How to lift a travel ban and bank account hold after a bounced cheque case settlement 0
I had a case filed against me for a bounced cheque. I have a travel ban issued and a bank account hold.
Payment was made, and I need someone to file to clear the travel ban and bank hold in Smart Petition as I am unable.
Jun 8, 2026
610

Other answers by
الضمانات التي تحصل عليها شركة التمويل مقابل إعطاء قرض 2
حصلت على قرض شخصي وكريدت كارد من مؤسسة للتمويل بإجمالي ٥٠ ألف وتعثرت لفترة والآن يطالبونني بدفع مبلغ ٢٠٠ ألف درهم بالفوائد وكنت أعطيتهم شيك بقيمة ٤٢ ألف وقتها.
سؤالي:
هل يوجد سند لأمر داخل عقد القرض (الأبليكيشن) الخاص بالشركة التي وقعت معها في البداية؟
أم لا يملكون ضمانًا آخر يُمكِّنهم من مقاضاتي به سوى الشيك الذي أعطيته لهم فقط؟
مع جزيل الشكر!
May 19, 2021
739
تقديم دعوى ضد مقاول استلم دفعتين من المال وأوقف العمل 2
هناك مشكلة مع مقاول إذ اتفقنا على بناء ملحق داخل منزل خاص ووقعنا العقد واستلم أول دفعة.
اشتغل حسب العقد واستلم الدفعة الثانية وأوقف العمل ويرفض المواصلة. تبين لي بعدما حاولت أن أقدم شكوى ضده أنه يستخدم ختم وعقد لشركة منتهية في سنة 2013 ولا يوجد لديه أي ترخيص.
كيف أستطيع أن أشكوه وبنفس الوقت أواصل البناء؟
May 20, 2021
1231
Can the wife file for maintenance in the UAE after judgement in home country? 3
My wife and I are non-Muslims. Divorce was settled in our home country court which decided that I am the custodian of the children and no alimony has to be paid to her.
Children are living with me here in the UAE. However, she still resides here in the UAE using a tourist visa. She is planning to file a Maintenance Case against me in the UAE Family Court.
Can she do that?
Am I obliged to pay her alimony?
Dec 7, 2020
1772
Cancellation of an off-plan property and seeking refund 2
Hello
I bought an off-plan apartment with a developer, paid half and the other half was supposed to be paid on receiving the apartment which was supposed to be received end of 2019.
But they postponed it till March 2020, and now the project is way behind and no improvement at all as I'm in phase 2 and they are still building phase one.
What can I do to get my money back?
Sep 26, 2020
1089
Termination of SPA for delay in delivery and failing to pay instalments 0
Hello,
I would like to ask a question about real estate. My husband and I recently lost our jobs because of COVID-19. We invested in an apartment for more than 2 years ago.
This apartment was supposed to be completed last year, but it is not even on 50% at this moment. We don't have visa sponsor anymore and we are unable to continue paying for that apartment.
We will have to leave the UAE soon. What are our options for this situation? Can we ask for the return of our investment?
Thank you very much for your help.
Aug 10, 2020
717
Get quotes from lawyers
Find the right lawyer for your legal needs.
Submit your request and get multiple
competitive offers from
qualified lawyers.
Popular Q&A
View all Looking for something else?
Ask for advice from a lawyer